Tuesday, October 7, 2014

MBFWMX-Day 2

On day 2 a friend of mine joined me for one of the shows and it was great to have someone chat with about the action in and outside the tents.


This collection felt quite commercial but it had great moments and lovely leather cutout pieces. 

This label is all about Mexican heritage and craftsmanship.  Right before the show opened there were indigenous ladies making weave patterns that were seen in some of the pieces.  A great homage to them.

This was my favourite collection by far.  The designer opted to have a lovely band, Love la Femme,  serenading us while models walked down the runway.  There were great original prints and amazing wearable pieces.  Bravo Alejandra!

On day 2 I put only my sparkly sandals and... gasp...tried to glam it up.

2 comments:

  1. I'm digging your co-ord black look with the lovely silver heels. Very chic. As for the collection, I like the second to last look with the gold skirt & floral blouse. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carmen! The gold skirt was pretty great, my favourite Mexican designer so far :)

      x
      -Mia

      Delete